1. WiSe Legal B.V. (hereafter to be referred to as: “WL”) is a private limited liability company incorporated under Dutch law, having its registered office in Amsterdam and registered in the Trade Register under number 53300327. The main purpose of the company is the practice of the legal profession by Mr. F.D. (Fred) Wijma.
2. WL is a member of SOURCE, a collaboration of independent lawyers (www.source.law). Within the SOURCE collaboration, WL works for its own account and risk. As a participant in this collaboration, WL has access to the know-how, office facilities and other facilities of the Amsterdam law firm SOLV Advocaten. WL shares offices with SOLV Advocaten and also uses the trade names “SOURCE advocaten”, “SOURCE.law” and “SOURCE”. The visiting address of
WL, SOURCE and SOLV is: Anne Frankstraat 121 (1018 BZ) Amsterdam.
3. All assignments to Mr. F.D. (Fred) Wijma and/or WL are deemed to have been exclusively given to and accepted and carried out by WL. This also applies if Mr. F.D. (Fred) Wijma engages one or more other persons, whether or not connected to SOURCE or SOLV, for the execution of the assignment or parts thereof. The applicability of the articles 7:404, 7:407(2) and 7:409 of the Dutch Civil Code is excluded.
4. If during the execution of an assignment an event occurs that leads to liability, that liability will be limited to the amount paid out in the case concerned under the professional liability insurance taken out by WL, plus the amount of the deductible that, pursuant to the insurance agreement, is for the account of WL in the relevant case. An event as referred to in the first sentence also includes an omission. Information about the professional liability insurance taken out by WL will be provided on request.
5. If for whatever reason no payment is made under the professional liability insurance referred to in the previous article, the liability of WL will be limited to the fee charged by WL in connection with the assignment in question, with a maximum of EUR 200,000.
6. These general terms and conditions apply to all assignments given to WL, including follow-up assignments, additional assignments and new assignments as well as all related legal relationships. If a follow-up order, additional order or new order is given by a natural person or legal entity related to the original client, these general terms and conditions shall also apply to these follow-up orders and/or additional and new orders, for which applicability the original client is capable. The applicability of article 6:227b paragraph 1 of the Dutch Civil Code and article 6:227c of the Dutch Civil Code relating to (the provision of information in and the formation of) e-commerce transactions is hereby expressly excluded if the client acts in the exercise of a profession or business.
7. The stipulations in these general terms and conditions have not only been made for the benefit of WL, but also for the benefit of Mr. F.D. (Fred) Wijma and all those who, whether or not pursuant to an employment contract, are or were employed by WL and are or were involved in the execution of the assignment.
8. WL will exercise due care when engaging third parties and will consult with the client about this as much as possible in advance. WL and Mr. F.D. Wijma are not liable for shortcomings of third parties. WL ensures that in case of other than short-term absence of Mr. F.D. (Fred) Wijma (for example due to holidays or illness) a good replacement is provided. If the cases in question cannot be observed by one of the attorneys or lawyers within the SOURCE collaboration or the SOLV law firm, the handling of the matter will be transferred, with notification to the client, to another qualified lawyer.
9. WL is entitled in communication to use (digital) means of communication and services and (digital) services for storage of data, whether or not offered by third parties. WL is not liable in any way for any damage directly or indirectly resulting from the use of such means of communication and services. Nor is WL liable for damage caused by or the result of intercepting, manipulating, infecting, delaying or incorrectly (re)sending electronic messages and documents, including but not limited to viruses and so-called hacks.
10. All rights of action and all powers of whatever nature vis-à-vis WL in connection with the work performed on behalf of WL shall in any case expire one year after the moment when the person concerned (client or third party) was aware or could reasonably be aware of the existence of the rights and powers.
11. The client is obliged to indemnify WL against all claims of third parties, including reasonable costs of defense against such claims, which are in any way connected with the work performed for the client, unless this is the result of gross negligence or intent on the part of WL.
12. WL is entitled to review its rates per calendar year and will inform the client in current affairs/pending files thereof in writing before the start of the new calendar year.
13. WL is authorized, whether or not in connection with an assignment, to process and store the (personal) data of the client in connection with the execution of an assignment granted to WL and for the purpose of relationship management.
14. Every assignment accepted by WL is subject to the office complaints procedure (which complies with the relevant regulations under the Law on Advocates). These regulations can be found at www.SOURCE.law.
15. These general terms and conditions have been drawn up in Dutch and English language. In the event of a dispute about the content or purport of these general terms and conditions, the Dutch text shall prevail.
16. The legal relationship between WL and its clients is subject to and these general terms and conditions are governed by Dutch law. Any disputes, including claims for damages on any account whatsoever, shall be submitted exclusively to the competent court in Amsterdam.
Thus established in Amsterdam on May 31, 2019
Under the trade name SOURCE.law the practices with corporate personality Advocatenkantoor Virtu B.V. (KvK 34272334), Franklin’s Law B.V. (KvK 34251332), Bas Derhaag Advocatuur en Mediation B.V. (KvK 34233637), ESB Legal B.V. (KvK 71726608) and WiSe Legal B.V. (KvK 53300327) practice law. On all of our services our general terms and conditions are applicable, which terms and conditions contain a limitation of liability.
Please find our complaint handling procedure here.